History taking skills. History taking is the most important step in making a diagnosis. . A clinician is 60% closer to making a diagnosis with a thorough history. The remaining 40% is a combination of examination findings and investigations. .
A case history is defined as a planned professional conversation that enables the patient to communicate his/her symptoms, feeling and fear to the clinician so as to obtain an insight into the nature of the patients illness and his/her attitude to them .
24 year-old female presents to GP with abdominal pain. HISTORY TAKING. HISTORY TAKING. Presenting Complaint. History of presenting complaint. Past Medical History. Drug History. Family History. Social History.
Paediatrics. Hamish Robertson. Paediatric Histories. Mostly the same as adult histories. Some important extra questions to ask. Real Life: . involve child as much as possible. Exam:. . no child, talking with the parent.
& Examinations. Aims: . Top tips for paediatric histories. Components of a paediatric history. Common presenting complaints. Red Flags. Examining a child: top tips. OSCE tips on paediatric examination.
on . Third Sector Capacity Building. Jennifer Clarke . Politics. History. Standpoints. Approaches. Activities. Politics. = wide relevance. 1920. German political foundations. invovled. 1980. Growth of national bodies .
Opening the Door to Effective HIV and STI Prevention. August . 15. , 2014. Harvey J Makadon, MD. The National LGBT Health Education Center, The Fenway Institute. Harvard Medical School. Boston, MA. Learning Objectives.
The objective of the Prize is to promote the scalingup of innovations that address important development gaps Scalability is usually a key criterion for support to innovation by development partners So far however there has been very limited uptake
Download Presentation - The PPT/PDF document "HISTORY TAKING" is the property of its rightful owner. Permission is granted to download and print the materials on this web site for personal, non-commercial use only, and to display it on your personal computer provided you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright notices contained in the materials. By downloading content from our website, you accept the terms of this agreement.
Presentation on theme: "HISTORY TAKING"— Presentation transcript: