Embed / Share - Welcome.
the Brotherhood Study SessionSlide2
Troop Meetings = how Scouts get involved in Troops
Chapter Meetings = how Scouts get involved in the Chapter
Only 4 in a year – November, February, May, and August
Are on ThursdaysSlide4
All meetings have a FUN part
November: Meet the Man with the Region Chief
February: STL Rams Cheerleaders
May: Hot Dogs
August: Shooting at
You never know what can happen at a Chapter Meeting!Slide5
Camp Promotion Changed last year
Promote Troops, Not Packs (officially)
Promoting Summer Camp
Informing Scouts about other Programs other than just basic Summer Camp
Sign Up also Changed
No White Packets
Visit boonetrails.shawneelodge.org – programs – camp promotion!Slide8
Why did the Lodge Change?
Summer Camp is the high point of the year for a Scout, yet many Scouts are hesitant about attending camp because they’ve never been there. What younger Scouts, as well as older Scouts, are waiting for someone to come and tell or remind them about all the things they can do at summer camp, and to encourage them to go to camp.Slide9
Brotherhood Teams and Info
Consists of 4 Characters:
Guide, Medicine Man, Guard and Chief
This can be found on the
. You must know the admonition to download the
If you wish to form a team, contact me via my lodge email.
-Be A Leader
-Leading A Service ProjectSlide14
Service: Taking Action
-Go For A Leadership Position
-Plan A Project
-Go To Fall Reunion!Slide15
Second Vice ChiefSlide16
Highest attended Lodge function
Chances to ear Ordeal and Brotherhood
New Lodge and Chapter Officers elected
Ceremonies, Service and FUN!!!Slide17
Banquet held in December
Lodge information given out
Vigil recipients recognized
Toys for TotsSlide18
Used to be Ceremonial Team Seminar
Important and helpful training classes
FUN activities in the afternoon
One Day of Service
Lodge Service project
Last year was Serve St. Louis in Forest Park
Other opportunity to earn Ordeal and Brotherhood
Vigil sashes presentedSlide21
Brotherhood Questions / Rededication
and Michael SitSlide22
Done Saturday afternoon
Usually asked 3-5 questions
Should know the answer to ALL possible Brotherhood Questions
You can find a study guide on the Chapter website. (firstname.lastname@example.org, click on Brothers Only tab, password is “
Repeat the obligation from memory
What is the initial honor in OA?
Four Ceremonial Figures and their purposes
Four parts of the Ordeal
What is the symbol of OA? Why is it worn?
How and when is the symbol worn?
Any questions you want to know?Slide24
Statement of Rededication
Should outline three things
What the Obligation means to you
How you’ve fulfilled the Obligation up until now
How you will fulfill it in the future? How will you serve the Lodge?
Make sure your
are on the statementSlide25
Don’t forget your $20 on Saturday!Slide26
Leadership inside the Order of the Arrow
Presented by Adam WoodwardSlide27
Not an elected position
Appointed by the chapter chief
In charge of specific functions in the ChapterSlide28
- Coordinates the ordeal at lodge events and ordeal ceremony teams.
- Coordinates getting the ordeals to brotherhood and brotherhood ceremonial teams.
- Coordinates all the service projects that the chapter does
- Coordinates all the program that goes on inside of the chapter
- Coordinates making sure that all the troops carry out camp promotion
- Coordinates contacting troop OA Reps about up coming OA functionsSlide29
Chapter Officer’s are the governing body at the chapter level
They must first be nominated by a fellow
, then be voted on at the Fall ReunionSlide30
-He is the leader of the chapter. They work with the advisor to appoint chairman and presides over all chapter meetings
-Substitutes for the chief when necessary; supervises over camp promotion, service, and program chairsSlide31
Officer Position’s Cont.
-Supervises the Ordeal, Brotherhood, and OA Rep chairs and performs other duties assigned by the chief.
-Responsible for the communication, sending out notices of chapter meeting and activities, taking minutes of meetings, and updating the chapter web page.Slide32
If you would like to learn more about a chapter chairman position, talk to one of the chapter officer’s or chairman after the meetingSlide33
What is Beyond Brotherhood
It is a program to show your rededication to the OA by completing certain task after achieving the rank of brotherhood.
types of beyond brother hood, Silver and Gold
However, you must achieve the silver award before the gold awardSlide35
1) Be currently registered in Scouting and the O.A.
2) Brotherhood member for no less than six months
3) Active in unit for at least six months after Brotherhood confirmed
4) Must have attended one lodge or chapter function within the last six months (excluding the event where Brotherhood was earned)Slide36
Silver Requirements Cont.
5) Have completed six days and nights of LONG TERM CAMP since earning Brotherhood
6) Must have participated in camp promotion since attending Brotherhood
7) Attend one of the following: Service Project, National Leadership Seminar, National O.A. Conference, or Sectional Conclave
Note: All the Requirements must be signed off by a chapter officer or unit leader where requiredSlide37
1) Be currently registered in Scouting and the O.A.
2) Having earned the Silver Arrow at least 10 months prior to this application.
3.)Having been an active member in your unit since earning your Silver Arrowhead (must be signed by unit leader)
4) Having been in attendance at no less than two Lodge/ Chapter activities. Excluding service projects.
5) Have completed 10 days and nights of Scout camping including six days and nights of Long Term Camp since earning Gold ArrowheadSlide38
Gold Requirements Cont.
6)Participate in one of the following activities or have held one of the elected positions: Camping Promotion, Ceremonial Team Member,
, Lodge/Chapter Officer, Lodge/Chapter Chairman
7) Attend one of the following: Service Project, National Leadership Seminar,
National O.A. Conference, Sectional Conclave
Note: All the Requirements must be signed off by a chapter officer or unit leader where requiredSlide39
Remember: there is no limit to how many beyond brotherhood pins you can earnSlide40
If you have any questions about beyond brotherhood, feel free to ask me or one of the other chapter officer’s/chairman after the meeting.Slide41
Honor after Brotherhood
Cannot be worked towards specifically
Nominations from others (should be secretly)
Nominees recognized at Lodge Winter Fellowship Banquet
Only specific requirement: Brotherhood for 2yrs
to the Brotherhood Study Session Chapter Meetings Nick Keesey Chapter Chief Chapter Meetings Troop Meetings how Scouts get involved in Troops Chapter Meetings how Scouts get involved in the Chapter ID: 178977 Download Presentation