Presentations text content in Climate Change Adaptation on Futuna Island
Climate Change Adaptation on Futuna Island
Focused on improving
in the Changing ClimateSlide2
- hemi eni Jenis long claemet long wan longfala period blong time folem ol natural mo ol man made activity
Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and
nutritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life
- Adjustment in natural or human systems to a new or changing environment. Adaptation to climate change refers to adjustment in natural or human systems in response to actual or expected climatic stimuli or their effects, which moderates harm or exploits beneficial opportunities.
- is the ability or potential of a system to respond successfully to climate change(including climate variability and extremes), to moderate potential damages, to take advantage of opportunities or to cope with the consequencesSlide4Slide5
Impact blong Claemet Jenis
– Temperature iko antap
Intense RainfallAcidificationCyclone iko daon be ikam more strong bitim bifo
Who is Affected??
- Everyman oli stap fesem climate changeOlgeta we oli stap more affected hemi ol poor people long ol society especially ol disadvantage group olsemOl disability, ol young people , ol olfala mo ol woman.Slide7
Why Should we care about Climate Change?
Potential ImpactsLivelihood and Food SecurityCommunity Health and Safety
Changing Weather PatternsImpacts already SeeingSevere droughtFlooding (Landslides)
Stress on Plants/CropsCoastal ErosionCoral BleachingEtc….Slide8
CARE Climate Change Project
Main Project Components
NutritionSustainable Soil Management PracticesFood preservationwater management trainings for safe H20Slide9
2. Sustainable Soil Management Practices
Alley CroppingCrop VarietiesAgro forestry
Crop RotationsCompostingControlling Erosion/wind break
Legume CropsAgriculture Tools distributionSlide11Slide12
Thank you for your attention..